Munchkin Registry of America strives to work exclusively with responsible breeders, so we ask that all breeders in our Breeder Certification program commit to the following:
1. Follow a healthy breeding plan. Work with your veterinarian to determine an appropriate breeding plan for your pet's age and health, including breed-appropriate health screenings.
2. Provide adequate food, water, and housing for all pets, including exercise, socialization, and grooming.
3. All pets receive regular routine/preventive care, including vaccinations and parasite control, as well as any additional care needed. Provide all medical records to new owners.
4. Fully disclose any illness or injury to the buyer prior to purchase. This includes clinical signs of an illness or injury and any exposure to potentially infectious diseases and/or parasites.
5. Provide ongoing support to new owners. This includes rehoming or taking the pet back if the new family is no longer willing or able to care for them.
7. All kittens are bred, owned and sold by you. The certification program is not available for pets sold through a pet store or broker.
8. Kittens are at least 8 weeks of age when they go to their new homes.
We take the utmost care when reviewing and selecting responsible breeders for our Breeder Certification program - which is why we fully investigate complaints against breeders in our program. In the event that a complaint is substantiated, or if our investigation reveals that a breeder is not following the above criteria or is sending home unhealthy pets, we reserve the right to terminate our relationship with the breeder in question.